With only 8.2% of Speech Language Pathologists being bilingual in the United States (ASHA, 2021), finding someone to offer services for your child can be extremely difficult for most families. We are so grateful to have Miya Wilson at Creative Speech Therapy offering speech, language, and social skills therapy in both English and Japanese. Not only is Miya an accomplished and brilliant therapist, she also encourages bilingualism and using multiple languages at home. Miya has high respect and sensitivity to the culture of her clients’ families. She is equipped to help your child build confidence in their speech, connect with peers, follow directions, and express their needs.
- Being able to learn new words easily
- Being able to use information in new ways
- Putting words into categories efficiently
- Quickly coming up with solutions to problems
- Good listening skills
- Connecting with others easily
- respond to demographic diversity;
- understand and respond to social determinants of health and health disparities as they impact different populations;
- improve the quality of services and health outcomes; and
- meet legislative, regulatory, and accreditation mandates.